Friday, August 29, 2008

Court

Okay, so I have a few minutes while my chunky baby is nursing. So today began with enough on our plate as it was... baking all day, and court for #1(I will refer to my children from now on as #1 - #4 for birth order, the girl is #3). But my boys couldn't let me off the hook that easy so to add to it, they missed the bus. So now I have to get #3 & #4 out of bed to take #1 & #2 to school, and then have #1 to court by like 8:45. And to make it really interesting I had already put stuff in the oven, so we had to wait for that to finish before leaving. I ended up just keeping #1 out of school until after court to keep it simple, so I just had to drop off #2 at his school. In the end we had enough time after dropping off #2 to run to Wal-mart to get some essentials for baking today, and then to McDonalds to get Mama some coffee.

Court today was...well...somewhat uneventful. I couldn't get anyone to keep #3 while we went to court, so she went with us (wasn't that fun!) She behaved for the most part, but got hungry and bored so she was quite fidgety. They tried to process #1 with a guilty plea and court supervision, but dear Mama wouldn't hear of it. This was a stupid ticket and we are going to fight it. So we entered a not guilty plea and will be scheduled for a bench trial, which just means there is no jury, just a judge. We are hoping that the trainee deputy won't even show up. Then the ticket would be dropped and we can get on with our lives. I will keep you all posted as to how that goes.

So #4 is now sleeping and I must get on with my baking if I am to get it done today. I certainly don't want to be up all night with a hot oven. Happy day to you!

No comments: