Thursday, August 28, 2008

Starting to get the hang of it...

Ok, I think I am figuring things out. I added AdSense to my blog, so if anyone wants to help me out, please click away! So I thought I would add tomorrows blog tonite since tomorrow will be a pretty full day. I have to take my 16 year old son to court tomorrow for a bogus ticket he got in an accident that he was in. He lost control of his Pathfinder (1987, shakes a lot when shifting) and it veered off the road and hit a parked pick up which in turn hit a parked motor home. He was going 25 miles per hour as he had just turned onto this road. The first officer on the scene was the dad of one of his friends and told him that speed was not a factor in this accident. Well, the other officer that showed up was training and she finished filling out the paper work for the accident and decided she needed to issue a ticket (...for practice?? I don't know...). So she gives him a ticket for Failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. Now come on! He was going 25 freaking miles per hour! And if he had hit the brakes he would have probably rolled the vehicle when it hit the curb! (OH boy! More papers to fill out!) So we have to go plead our case...I hope that the officer doesn't even show up, it would make it easier on all of us...

After I get done with the ridiculous trip to court I have baking to do. I run a home bakery with help from my son and every Saturday from 8:30 - 2:00 is the local farmers market that we have a booth at. SO every Friday we bake about 20-25 pies, cookies, scones, muffins, coffee cakes, cinnamon rolls, brownies, sweet breads, pound cakes, apple dumplings... a LOT of calories! It is a lot of work, but really helps out the family income. We sometimes do the market on Tuesday evenings also, but about half of the baking that we do for Saturday.

I will try and make it online sometime tomorrow and let you all know how court went. FUN, FUN!

No comments: