Monday, September 1, 2008

Country Helpfulness...

Okay, I was just reading up on the policies for the ads on my page and I have been breaking da rules... sorry... I cannot direct you to them... so you know what to do... I won't be giving any more reminders. Onward....

So today I had to take DH to work (an hour away and near some bigger shopping), so we went to the mall to do some Labor Day shopping since the kids were out of school. Got a GREAT deal at Chick-Fil-A, for those of you who are not familiar they make the BEST chicken known to mankind. All day today they are offering a FREE 3 piece box of chicken strips to all their customers. I saw that sign after I ordered (so typical). So we got our free chicken in addition to our kids meals. Yes I ordered a kids meal. You can get a 6 piece nugget, a small waffle fries and a child size drink for like $3.49. And if you are eating in, then it's free refills, so it really doesn't matter what size you get. So me and the kids each got a kids meal, even the 16yo.

Anyway, when we got back, I noticed that the lawn had been mowed. Aaargh! Our ever helpful property-mate had mowed our yard. We own 1/2 of a 2 acre plot. The other half has the farm buildings on it and is owned by a very friendly, well meaning, older (probably 70's) farmer. He spends half of the year here farming, and the other half of the year in very south Texas. Yes, our grass needed mowing, but I was actually looking forward to hopping on the John Deere and getting it mowed, tomorrow morning. I admit it was getting kinda long, but not embarrassingly tall. I have definitely seen worse...even our own yard has been worse than this. I was wanting to get the pool picked up and put away before mowing again so I could cover the bare spot left by the pool with the grass clippings, but now it is already mowed and I cannot get mad at him, because he did us a favor. But when he does that it just feels like he doesn't feel as though we are taking proper care of the property. And this being our first owned property, that kinda makes me feel... I don't know... kinda like a kid being reprimanded by the grandparent. It makes me feel like he thinks we are irresponsible. So now we just try and avoid him when he is over at his half, piddling around, and try and get our grass mowed sooner next time.

4 comments:

The Turner Family said...

Chick-fil-a is wonderful - yummmm! I wouldn be disappointed about the grass too - I love cutting the yard as long as its on a riding mower, haha.

Jaclyn and Devan Swallom said...

Can you steal his grass clippings? lol

And Chick-fil-a is awesome as long as the pickles disappear off my food.

Amaya Perez said...

Come on! the nice fellow probably figured since you have a new baby you might appreciate not having mow your lawn. My neighbor did the same once when I was pregnant. I returned from a trip out of town and found my grass perfectly trimmed. That made my day! Enjoy!

Sarah said...

I might agree with that...especially since he knows that DH is gone quite a bit...except he also knows that I have a 16yo son that is perfectly capable of mowing the grass! Oh well, one less thing to do.