Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Good Morning to all my faithful followers. I don't have a lot to write about this morning, but just thought I would give you a snippet to read.

Got the kids up on time, and they DID catch the bus. #3 and #4 are still sleeping, so I actually got to shower this morning (WOOHOO!!) Its a beautiful morning, not too hot out yet, clear skys, cicadas are singing, the grass is mowed... I am thoroughly enjoying the quietness. I love living in the country. No neighbors to hear...I could walk outside in my pj's and no one would care. I love to walk out in my back yard and see wild rabbits scurry away... okay, they don't scurry, they hop...the ground squirrels and field mice scurry... I love to hear the different birds sing away. I like that we have a built in "privacy fence" every summer that gets to 8-9 feet tall (if you will look closely at my pic you will see that we are surrounded by corn fields). I love that if my daughter gets outside half naked, I won't have a neighbor calling to tell me to keep control of my kids. I love that we have a bunch of tall trees that my son can climb. I love that we are able to get chickens if we so desire...and no one will think this strange! We have outfitted the back yard with a 2 person hammock for swaying the day away, a firepit for roasting hot dogs or marshmallows, a swingset for our own park, an apple tree for our own "orchard", the plum tree is in the front yard, a clothesline for a nature made laundrymat, and a pitching mound for our own "ballpark"...okay, the mound isn't actually installed yet, but it's been talked about. We have a back stop and the lilac bush is the "outfield", but #1 can practice his pitching here quite successfully. Yes this is our own bit of paradise and I love it.

4 comments:

The Turner Family said...

It sounds like heaven - we only have 1/2 an acre right now, but hope to build a house on several acres in the next few years - your yard sounds beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish we lived in a house instead of on a college campus. I am missing the outdoors. I mean I can go outside but I am missing living where you just walk out and be in God's creation. Thank you for sharing :D

Amaya Perez said...

Sounds like paradise to me!

Jaclyn and Devan Swallom said...

That sounds gorgeous! I wished we lived by something that beautiful